ISSO Office Assistant
- Perform general office and reception duties: greeting walk-ins, scheduling appointments, answering phone calls, answering emails, utilizing office equipment (printer/copier/scanner/fax machine); filing, shredding, etc.
- Manage and utilize social media for office promotion and events
- Assist with event coordination and scheduling (ISO, GPS, WRC, Graduation, International Coffee Hour, Farewell and Graduation events, etc.)
- Create and update promotional materials (fliers/brochures/displays)
- Light office housekeeping and kitchen maintenance
- Assist with organizing, preparing, and sorting orientation and storage room materials
- Assist with additional duties as needed
- Excellent clerical, organizational, time management and customer services skills
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office
- Engaging social media skills: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Demonstrated written (i.e. email etiquette) and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of students both face-to-face and though multimedia platforms
- Desire to make creative and professional public displays
- International experience living, working or studying outside of the US
- Knowledgeable about UNI campus and UNI resources
- Passionate about improving international student experiences
Number of Openings: 1
Hours Required: Approximately 10 hours per week starting August 1.
Work Schedule Considerations:
- Available to cover the reception desk during lunch hours (i.e. 12-1pm) Monday through Friday
- Available to work 1-2 weeks prior to the start of classes each semester
Wage and Job Duration: $8/hr
Contact ISSO at 319-273-6421 for questions.