The ISSO Graduate Assistant position for the Academic Year 2019-20 has been filled.
Director for International Students and Scholars
Terms of Employment:
- For the fall semester: 20 hours per week, beginning August 26, 2019 and ending December 20, 2019.
- For the spring semester: 10 hours per week, beginning January 13, 2020 and ending May 8, 2020.
- Full assistantship salary for 2019-20 is $5,284 per semester.
- Half assistantship salary for 2019-2020 is $2,642 per semester.
- Graduate Assistants may qualify for in-state tuition and fees.
- Graduate Assistants receive University holidays and do not work during Thanksgiving Break, Spring Break, or the interims between semesters.
- For more information on the Graduate Assistantships and procedures, please visit the Graduate College website.
- Develop and implement social, cultural, recreational, and informational programs (i.e. orientation, new student programs) for UNI international student population
- Assist with the development and implementation of programming for International Education Week
- Plan, schedule, and organize student activities and events
- Update and assist with social media marketing and publications for programs and events
- Create and distribute surveys and questionnaires for written reports
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Must be a full-time, degree-seeking student in a UNI graduate program.
- Must be enrolled in at least 9 graduate credits each semester of assistantship.
- Maintain a UNI cumulative graduate GPA of at least 3.00. A newly admitted graduate student must have at least a 3.0 CPA for undergraduate or previous graduate work of at least 8 graded credit hours.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of students.
- Social media skills including Facebook, Twitter, and others.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Time management skills.
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technology.
- Preferably RA and/or leadership experience.