International Students and Scholars Office



On-campus Employment
F-1 and J-1 students may work anywhere on the UNI campus for up to 20 hours per week during any fall or spring academic semester. It includes work done as a teaching or research assistant as well as jobs in the university library, dormitory dining facilities, laboratories, and administrative offices.

Off-campus Employment
International students can work off-campus only under Curricular Practical Training (CPT), Optional Practical Training (OPT), and unforeseen Economic hardship.  For any of these cases  you will need to work with the International Student Advisor.